The Division of the Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer supports an environment of excellence in scholarship – learning, discovery and engagement – where students, staff and faculty of Cornell learn, work and live as a community.
The best staff and faculty in the world choose Cornell.
- We are one Cornell, working together toward the common goal of excellence in scholarship and service.
- We recruit and support the faculty and staff who discover, preserve and disseminate knowledge; produce creative work; and promote a culture of broad inquiry throughout, and beyond, the Cornell community.
- We treat faculty and staff fairly, with respect and with dignity at all times.
- We value the talents, skills, knowledge and ambition that our faculty and staff bring to Cornell, and the innovation and risk-taking they apply in service of the university’s mission.
- Offer competitive programs, services and total compensation to attract and retain diverse, high-caliber faculty and staff.
- Support university leadership in creating a climate of innovation and educational excellence.
- Cultivate an inclusive and welcoming environment on campus and in the local community.
- Foster a forward-thinking environment, and support efforts to advance economic advancement locally and beyond.
- Advance processes that balance required compliance with the primary goal of excellence in scholarship – learning, discovery and engagement.